- Sterling silver men's rings are a popular option for those seeking white metal rings who don’t have the budget for platinum, white gold or palladium. Sterling silver’s natural malleability lends itself well to a number of designs, giving silver rings the hand made, old sckool look and fee.
What is Sterling Silver?
- Sterling silver is specifically an alloy of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% alloying material by mass.
- Most items of sterling silver jewellery are hypoallergenic depending on the alloy used, the most common alloying material being copper.
- Not only is sterling silver hypoallergenic, but silver has antibacterial properties, and can be used as a preventative measure against infection.
- Silver was once considered by ancient peoples to be second in value only to gold.
- Due to silver’s extreme malleability, sterling silver rings are easily resized