If you need a precious metal band, like gold or platinum, do you really need an alternative metal wedding ring, too? The answer to that question is possibly, “Yes.” An alternative metal ring is a great stand-in for your gold or platinum wedding ring for times when your hands and your ring may get scratched or banged around.
Having a second wedding ring made of say titanium or tungsten would be ideal for the following situations:
- Your job is manual with a high chance for damage to your ring.
- You spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Your hobbies involve using your hands for jobs/activities.
- You want the freedom to go about your day-to-day without worrying about scratching or damaging your ring.
- You like the idea of a lightweight alternative for daily wear.
Alternative metals are also less expensive, meaning you don’t stand to lose as much should something happen to the ring while you’re working. Many alternative metals are also much stronger. Meaning these rings can usually handle a lot more wear and tear.
Your precious metal band is used for your wedding ceremony, on special occasions and during times when you won’t use your hands which could potentially damage the ring. The alternative ring steps in for all other times, including everyday wear.
With so many modern wedding ring options around, you don’t have to choose between precious and alternative metals – you can have both !